F&A Next is Europe’s premiere summit about innovation in food and agriculture. Fuelled by last year’s success, ‘F&A Next aims to be a permanent platform connecting food and agriculture start-ups to investors, serving as a springboard to greater innovation and a better deal for all,’ says Startlife’s Jan Meiling. ‘In 2016 F&A Next gathered some 150 start-ups, over 110 investors and 70 corporates from all over the world. In 2017 we aim to top that! By focusing on the high relevancy, high impact spearheads of F&A innovation. And by bringing the San Francisco originated pitching concept FoodBytes!
to Europe.’ Since FoodBytes! launched in February 2015, more than 750 companies from 19 countries have applied to pitch to over 1,000 event attendees.
What does pitching entail?
- F&A Next will offer the opportunity to pitch to a unique field of investors and corporates.
- We will support you optimizing your pitch.
- We will use our communications’ infrastructure to spread the word about your business model.
- F&A Next will offer ample opportunity to network.
What are the application criteria?
- Pitch for 3.5 minutes to a large audience of investors, industry leaders, media and entrepreneurs.
- Ten runner-up companies will be selected to give 60-second pitches.
- Have dedicated display space to showcase your product or service.
- Be in the running to win the People’s Choice, Judges’ Choice or Highly Commended Award.
- Take part in an invite-only session of networking and mentorship with industry experts and the FoodBytes! judges and mentors the day before the event.
- Business model/scalability: you address your revenue model, competitors, how to scale, customer acquisition and cost base. You know your margins and how they can improve as it scales. High growth market opportunity.
- Product/technology: your product/service has a competitive advantage and high barriers to entry.
- Customers/traction: your team is on track and is building something that consumers or the industry needs / wants. You understand your consumer or users’ needs. You have done research to evaluate competitive landscape and has validated a need.
- Sustainability/social good: concept is focused on the triple bottom line: people, profit and planet.
- Innovation & impact: your concept is a game-changing approach to solving a problem or gap in the market that could have major impact at scale.
To conclude with the words of one of last year’s winners: ‘where are you going to find 150-200 investors together in one place, ready to listen to your story and give you face to face feedback? It saves time, money and energy. So start pitching!’